Provo's generosity is typical for its region. Of...
Michael, talk about something you know, otherwise, you will continue to come across as an ignorant troll. We Mormons give freely because we understand the concepts of charity and compassion as taught by Jesus Christ. Our church operates on free agency, not compulsion. Compulsion is Satanic in nature, which is why we oppose it, in AND out of the Church.
There are 366 major metropolitan areas in the United States, and a comprehensive new study by the Chronicle of Philanthropy ranks them on the basis of generosity -- the percentage of income the median household in each city gives to charity. According to the Chronicle, the most generous city in America is Provo, Utah, where residents typically give away 13.9 percent of their discretionary income. Boston, by contrast, ranks No. 358: In New England's leading city, the median household donates just 2.9 percent of its income to charity.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago