Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Item 10 - one of the stupidest & most easily debunked. Liberals don't espouse equality of outcome, but they do reject the kind of "I'm all right, Jack. Screw everybody else!" attitude that characterizes laissez faire conservatism. A minimal standard of living is not just moral. It makes good sense from a practical point of view. People who are beset by uncertainty & want cannot contribute effto their own betterment. A clear illustration of this can be found in public schools, where food deprived children from the poorest households cannot learn effectively & fail to benefit from their educational opportunities. Providing such children - or all children - with a nutritious meal at public expense is money well spent.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago