Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Hawkins got carried away on this one. He'd have been better off sticking with, say, only 14 items than delving into this foetid mishmash of juvenile superstition & primitive religious imagery. Conservative boasting about "faith" and their persistent "holier than thou" posturing in religious matters is one of their more unsavory characteristics. It comes at some cost too, since it leaves them open to the justifiable charge that they aspire to become an "American Taliban". The Founders were right to declare that religion mixes poorly with public policy. Conservatives should take their advice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago