Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Item 13 demonstrates conservative ignorance of the fallacy: “Post hoc ergo propter hoc.” Liberals are frequently in charge of communities with large African American populations and manifold problems, because they've demonstrated their concern for these communities. Black voters rarely choose conservatives, because conservatives (who are mostly white) dislike black people, rarely do anything to help them, and consistently promote policies that favor the rich and hammer the poor.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago