Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Item 13 demonstrates conservative ignorance of the fallacy: “Post hoc ergo propter hoc.” Liberals are frequently in charge of communities with large African American populations and manifold problems, because they've demonstrated their concern for these communities. Black voters rarely choose conservatives, because conservatives (who are mostly white) dislike black people, rarely do anything to help them, and consistently promote policies that favor the rich and hammer the poor.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago