Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
These essays actually reflect the conservative proclivity for projection: attributing their own undesirable characteristics to others. The best example of this is probably Item 9. No one engages in more vicious and gratuitous slander than conservatives. Sandra Fluke never even mentioned Rush Limbaugh until he took it upon himself to deride and insult her on his radio show (while demonstrating at the same time how little he knew about human reproduction!) Conservatives routinely respond to even moderate criticism with torrents of hysterical invective and accusations of hate speech, presumably as a way of deflecting further criticism.
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago