Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Rush Limbaugh specializes in this kind of self-flattering distortion of reality. For example, (Item 6) conservatives regard charity as a financially attractive alternative to paying taxes. It has everything to do with greed and little to do with humanity. They like charity better, because it enables them to deny assistance to those whom they consider unworthy. They feel that tax revenues all too often go to groups or individuals whom they despise, like racial minorities, unwed mothers, people from the LGBT communities. Rather than an admirable activity, charitable giving by conservatives is actually mean-spirited and stingy rather than admirable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 9 hours ago