If he was raised in Honolulu and the locals felt his arrogance, his personal insecurities would be understandable. The conversation would have gone something like this: "Eh brah, you tink you mo'bettah than us? If so, you an me, we go ou'side, I goin brok you mout". This probably happened, many times. If not, it should have.
At law school, few people knew Barack Obama really well, and I wasn't one of them, although we did have some dealings when we overlapped The Harvard Law Review.
But in the run up to the convention, it's clear that there are people who have had extensive dealings with him -- and they don't like him very much. Two themes have emerged from news coverage in the last two days, and they are revealing:
(1) He's selfish:
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago