In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
You really are retarded, aren't you? Did you miss the sentence where the man stated the Swiss use a combination of FREE ENTERPRISE CAPITALISM along with a strong saftey net? Or did you choose to ignore the facts, like most of you POS liberal dems?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago