History teaches us that most of the native american cultures and populations were over-run and destroyed by a foreign people from countries with bad governments. Hmmmm does history really repeat it's self?
Guatemala -- Where is that, you ask? Generally this column comes to you from Washington, D.C. or New York City. Occasionally it comes from London or Paris. Today it carries the dateline of a seaport in Guatemala, and if it were written a day ago or two days hence it would carry the dateline of Belize. It is freezing up north. The inclement weather has driven me to tropical parts. Global warming sounds more and more agreeable to me and, frankly, if you have your wits about you, to you, too. The frozen remains of palm trees have supposedly been found...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago