I shared an astounding chart last month showing that tax increases account for 90 percent of the so-called “austerity” in Europe.
The author the chart, Veronique de Rugy of the Mercatus Center, calls this “private sector austerity” and she correctly argues that her home continent is in desperate need of some austerity on the public sector instead.
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago