What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Re; RG_THP You are correct, we have elections, but you forgot the part about the tremendous advantage that incumbents have. That includes the free postage (franking privilege) to send out promises for votes disguised as newsletters and the ability to be on the local news when giving away tax payers money to the 49 percent who pay no income taxes. Just a thought for you to consider. Incumbents also spend a lot of their time on re-election fund raising instead of working at their jobs. Fred Speckmann email@example.com
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 15 hours ago