What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Re; RG_THP You are correct, we have elections, but you forgot the part about the tremendous advantage that incumbents have. That includes the free postage (franking privilege) to send out promises for votes disguised as newsletters and the ability to be on the local news when giving away tax payers money to the 49 percent who pay no income taxes. Just a thought for you to consider. Incumbents also spend a lot of their time on re-election fund raising instead of working at their jobs. Fred Speckmann email@example.com
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago