What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Re; RG_THP You are correct, we have elections, but you forgot the part about the tremendous advantage that incumbents have. That includes the free postage (franking privilege) to send out promises for votes disguised as newsletters and the ability to be on the local news when giving away tax payers money to the 49 percent who pay no income taxes. Just a thought for you to consider. Incumbents also spend a lot of their time on re-election fund raising instead of working at their jobs. Fred Speckmann email@example.com
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 12 hours ago