The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Oh good Lord. He was a frikken disaster to the economy.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago