A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago