Wow. Once again the media "Archie Bunkered" the issue. The people that they chose to interview who were against Joe Arpaio were articulate and poised. The person supporting him that they chose to interview was neither. That was a blatantly conscious choice. "Archie Bunkering" an issue is a term I use to describe making your argument look better by having someone intelligent represent your position and placing the arguments for the opposition in the hands of a buffoon. Norma Lear used this to great effect by having his position voiced by the educated, intelligent, and reasonable Michael Stivic and always having the contrary position voiced by the bigoted, inarticulate, comical, and not-so-bright Archie Bunker.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago