President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I didn't believe a word of it. You do not listen to what Obama says. You watch what he does.
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago