That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
You haven't explained what "the right" means. In order to treat Blacks the "right way" they were told that they were victims; that they needed affirmative act (lowered the bar), that they couldn't accomplish anything without Democrats government help. Then finally they told them " we take care of the little guy and we are going to take care of you." Black unemployment is 15%. The rate of Black babies born out of wedlock is 80% and the Black family is destroyed and the Mexicans are next. Now unless you want the same thing you need to clearly explain what "the right way" means. Free contraceptives? Abortion on demand? What?
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago