That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
You haven't explained what "the right" means. In order to treat Blacks the "right way" they were told that they were victims; that they needed affirmative act (lowered the bar), that they couldn't accomplish anything without Democrats government help. Then finally they told them " we take care of the little guy and we are going to take care of you." Black unemployment is 15%. The rate of Black babies born out of wedlock is 80% and the Black family is destroyed and the Mexicans are next. Now unless you want the same thing you need to clearly explain what "the right way" means. Free contraceptives? Abortion on demand? What?
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 52 minutes ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 3 hours ago