Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
So what is the truth. What is known is Blacks have been monolithically voting for the Democrats for the past sixty plus years and nothing but poverty and despair to show for it. They have literally sold themselves to the Democrat party and have been locked into poverty every since. The party of "we'll take care of you," "Democrats take care of the little guy" fostered the destructive break up of the Black family. You have young Black men killing one another because they had to grow up without fathers to teach them how to be men. Young women who can't tell their children who their father is because she doesn't know and you think more welfare is the answer.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 3 hours ago