What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Humans were hunters and gathers and herders for thousands of years before they became farmers.
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 19 hours ago