While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago