But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 7 hours ago