Still, our age does seem to be more cynical than most, and with good reason. As Mark Twain said, "Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to." When I was young, I admired presidents of the United States, religious leaders, explorers, teachers, great...
My favorite talk show host is John Batchelor, whose often expressed, playful worry is that he isn't being cynical enough. The wisest (or is it the most cynical?) among us recognize that a degree of caution is always advisable when dealing with fellow human beings, and that the world has never lacked for frauds, liars, and hypocrites.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago