A Pennsylvania judge has blocked the enforcement of a Pennsylvania Voter I.D. law just 35 days before the presidential election on November 6.
A Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday blocked the state from enforcing its strict voter ID law before the presidential election, citing "disenfranchisement" concerns. The ruling in a vital battleground state comes five weeks before the election.
The ruling, which could still be appealed, followed two days of testimony about the state's efforts to make it easier to get a valid photo ID, as well as possible hurdles for those seeking proper identification.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago