When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
I suspect there are a lot of sleepless nights at the White House these days. Obama looks to be one and done .... thank God.
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 13 hours ago