But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
shema yisrael Adonai eloheinu Adonai echad: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God the Lord is one
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014