But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
shema yisrael Adonai eloheinu Adonai echad: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God the Lord is one
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 43 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 4 hours ago