But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
shema yisrael Adonai eloheinu Adonai echad: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God the Lord is one
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago