But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
shema yisrael Adonai eloheinu Adonai echad: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God the Lord is one
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 55 mins ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 4 hours ago