But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
shema yisrael Adonai eloheinu Adonai echad: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God the Lord is one
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 24 mins ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago