Several months ago, I wrote a rather wonky post explaining that the western world became rich in large part because of jurisdictional competition. Citing historians, philosophers, economists, and other great thinkers, I explained that the rivalry made possible by decentralization and diversity played a big role in both economic and political liberalization.
In other words, it’s not just a matter of tax competition and tax havens (though you know how
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago