Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Piers Morgan was obnoxious and rude to the Sheriff Clarke in this interview. Morgan didn't approach the interview with an open mind. Instead, he was picking a fight, perhaps to juice up his show to improve his ratings. He's the Jerry Springer of TV news commentary. Additionally, some of Morgan's criticism's were juvenile in substance, such as criticizing the Sheriff's voice characteristics in his radio public message as being 'Hollywood'. If this is Morgan's usual style and tactics, I am not surprised he has such poor ratings. Pompous, obnoxious, rude and shallow are not winning characteristics for a TV news anchor.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago