Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Piers Morgan was obnoxious and rude to the Sheriff Clarke in this interview. Morgan didn't approach the interview with an open mind. Instead, he was picking a fight, perhaps to juice up his show to improve his ratings. He's the Jerry Springer of TV news commentary. Additionally, some of Morgan's criticism's were juvenile in substance, such as criticizing the Sheriff's voice characteristics in his radio public message as being 'Hollywood'. If this is Morgan's usual style and tactics, I am not surprised he has such poor ratings. Pompous, obnoxious, rude and shallow are not winning characteristics for a TV news anchor.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 32 minutes ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 3 hours ago