Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Piers Morgan was obnoxious and rude to the Sheriff Clarke in this interview. Morgan didn't approach the interview with an open mind. Instead, he was picking a fight, perhaps to juice up his show to improve his ratings. He's the Jerry Springer of TV news commentary. Additionally, some of Morgan's criticism's were juvenile in substance, such as criticizing the Sheriff's voice characteristics in his radio public message as being 'Hollywood'. If this is Morgan's usual style and tactics, I am not surprised he has such poor ratings. Pompous, obnoxious, rude and shallow are not winning characteristics for a TV news anchor.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 3 hours ago