Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Piers Morgan was obnoxious and rude to the Sheriff Clarke in this interview. Morgan didn't approach the interview with an open mind. Instead, he was picking a fight, perhaps to juice up his show to improve his ratings. He's the Jerry Springer of TV news commentary. Additionally, some of Morgan's criticism's were juvenile in substance, such as criticizing the Sheriff's voice characteristics in his radio public message as being 'Hollywood'. If this is Morgan's usual style and tactics, I am not surprised he has such poor ratings. Pompous, obnoxious, rude and shallow are not winning characteristics for a TV news anchor.
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 3 hours ago