This year, most people have been focused on the Romney vs. Obama race, but there is also a battle going on for control of the Senate. The Senate is currently comprised of 47 Republicans, 51 Democrats and 2 liberal independents. That means the GOP would need to capture 4 seats for a takeover. Although that may sound like a heavy lift, keep in mind that this year there are only 10 Republicans up for reelection while 23 Democrats/liberal independents have to defend their seats. When you have that kind of spread, big gains are very possible. Will they materialize this...
rule 16 which was designed to keep the grass roots out of ANY power and keep these elite in charge. In spite of this, the Tea Party refuses to expand their area of concern to anything except fiscal troubles. And they refuse to acknowledge that they are not going to be able to work within the R. party. So make the Republicans like the Whigs. CHRISTIAN TEA PARTY. all conservatives welcome. Show the Repubs. that we have some place else to go.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago