In April 2005, Gov. Rod Blagojevich issued an emergency rule, bypassing the usual regulatory process, mandating that every Illinois pharmacist must dispense all “contraceptives” (including...
In response to:
Where is the outcry. Where are the thousands who should be screaming at the blatant violation of law by a now imprisoned politician. Why do you stand silently and allow ALL of these politicians to steamroll us. It is because we have lost our OWN conscience, our honor, our morality, our ethics. We are now only concerned about maintaining our "lifestyle". We do not even believe in God. We as a nation, do not go to church. We only pray when we are about to die. And then, if God does not send a miracle and heal a loved one, we throw our hands up and declare that we have nothing to do with God ANY MORE. After all, He did not give us what WE wanted. God is still God. And our nation is under judgement because of what the people w
A court has recently stopped Illinois from enforcing a rule that denied freedom of conscience to pharmacists. This is a cause for celebration and an excellent legal win. But as the left reacts hysterically to the supposed lack of access to Plan B that will result, one pharmacist’s story perfectly demonstrates the fundamental flaw at the core of any effort to deny freedom of conscience: compelled violations of conscience won’t expand access, they’ll reduce it.
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago