good point. I must say we truly fail to understand the complexity of the issue. As a black man, I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of Lincoln at that time. If he decided to just go all "willy-nilly" by issuing some executive order to free all slaves that would've been messy. He not only would've lost any chance of reuniting the country as a whole, but he would've lost the DE, KY and MD. And even if he didn't want to free the slaves, the reality was HE HAD TO. And btw, we all know that it was the 13th amend. that freed the slaves. And for Lincoln to be this conflicted man about his views on the slavery issue, why was he so excited to sign on the passing of the 13th amend., as a symbolic gesture of support?
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 4 hours ago