The riots against "austerity" occurring in Greece are what lie in our future. All persons who believe in self-reliance should implement "Plan B": start to "go Galt" by reducing your "economic footprint": cancel subscriptions, health clubs, etc.; stock up on some basic supplies; and do what you can to convince others to do the same. Starve the beast. Once a large segment of the electorate believes that it is RIGHT to live off of others, there's no turning around. Since the strongest incentive any politician has is to get elected and stay elected (including, of course, Republicans), politicians and the non-productive segment of the electorate are BOTH the enemies of those who value self-reliance and individual liberty.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014