It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I'd like to know how we all got here. I mean, we came parents right? and Grandparents, Great-Grandparents...how did they manage to live? Oh wait, they worked. Or maybe, just maybe, the Government that was in place when the Pilgrims arrived, gave them benefits. They could not have survived otherwise.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago