It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I'd like to know how we all got here. I mean, we came parents right? and Grandparents, Great-Grandparents...how did they manage to live? Oh wait, they worked. Or maybe, just maybe, the Government that was in place when the Pilgrims arrived, gave them benefits. They could not have survived otherwise.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 9 hours ago