If You're Elected to Govern, Then Govern!

ACinNC Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 12:48 PM
Ditto. Well said.

If You're Elected to Govern, Then Govern!

ACinNC Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 12:47 PM
I think you're taking Mr. Murchison out of context. I don't think he is referring to the ongoing government Leviathan (aka bureaucracy). I think he means that with all the serious foreign policy and national security issues (and dangers) that we're facing, our DC government leaders are not seriously addressing them, much less taking any real action to deal with them. Especially our Executive Branch, which has the responsibility to provide leadership. Instead of going on holiday and dithering while Rome burns.

Armageddon, Act I

ACinNC Wrote: Jun 28, 2014 3:43 PM
I was just commenting yesterday to a few friends the very things you say in your commentary, Mr. Greenberg. It's ironic that while WWI obliterated the illusion that Man was moving beyond human folly & destructive conflict in a march towards Utopia, it also obliterated faith in God for so many people. When in fact, the whole tragic episode validated what the Bible says about every single one of us being sinful & fallible, capable of folly, hate & horrific violence under the "right" circumstances. We're doomed to repeat history when we do not learn from it. As the stakes get ever higher.......

Ben Carson Guardian of the Old Republic

ACinNC Wrote: Jun 28, 2014 12:57 PM
I would not *assume* that Dr. Carson has no skeletons in his closet. All of us do, to some level. We all have done and said things in our past that we wish we hadn't. I'm not saying Dr. Carson has gone out and done horrific things. But I don't think anyone would like all their words, actions & thoughts from their entire life to be salaciously broadcast by the MSM. With the political meat-grinder that we have today, a candidate for President has be either incredibly passionate for his or her cause, super egotistical to want the job, or just plain crazy. I think Dr. Carson is the former. If he chooses to run, I hope God places a hedge or protection around him.
Sorry for grammar: "does every news story *have* to be turned into......
I'm as Conservative as they come. I don't care for Obama, Hillary or Susan Rice personally, and I HATE what they're doing to this country. But does every news story has to be turned into an anti-Obama or anti-Leftist screed, when the commentary is not about them. How about simply applauding Amy Adams for her quiet demonstration of kindness & class? Or thanking our service members? Thanks to TH for posting this commentary. Made my day.

Of 1914 and 2014

ACinNC Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 11:19 AM
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) It pretty much explains history. Human folly.
"The time may be right for someone with real convictions and the courage to state them, regardless of what polls say." We already have folks like that (Ted Cruz, et al). If only enough Americans can think critically to wade through the MSM's negative coverage slant to see truth.

Obama Ramps Up America's Destruction

ACinNC Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 10:35 AM
"We can only imagine what will be in tomorrow's papers.".........Gives me shudders and sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. If I wasn't witnessing it, I would not have believed how much damage 1 man could do in just 5 years to America.

The Pig in the Republican Poke

ACinNC Wrote: Jun 10, 2014 10:08 AM
This is one of the few times I disagree heartily with Mr. Murchison. There's a HUGE difference between Ted Cruz & Barack Obama. Their ideologies are worlds apart, and Ted Cruz has real world work experience besides the cloistered chambers in academia and as a community organizer. Plus, Obama is nothing but an empty suit in front of a microphone without his teleprompter. Ted Cruz can actually communicate logically & coherently without such a prop. Besides, I'd pretty much vote for ANYBODY besides Obama if he was somehow able to run again in 2016.