Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
A better idea would be to abolish all of those Lib feel good programs and Fed agencies you created and get back to the Constitutional required spending. Cutting the Fed Gov by 65% would go a long way to solvency...OH!...but that would deprive libs of their "bribes for votes" scheme they have created.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 11 hours ago