What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Spending is the biggest problem. All that borrowing allows government to feather its own bed and create thousands of squeaky wheeled special interests like ACORN and NOW, people and organizations who use Taxpayer Money to acquire more and more taxpayer money.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago