What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Lobbyists will be devastated as will the MSM which relies on billions in political advertising. Unions won't like it at all. Congressional staffs can be slashed. Reaching these goals will be almost impossible, but if they were ever achieved, the chances would be nil that a Charlatan politician taking hundreds of millions of dollars from overseas donors at fifty bucks a whack could ever again win the presidency.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 9 hours ago