What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Lobbyists will be devastated as will the MSM which relies on billions in political advertising. Unions won't like it at all. Congressional staffs can be slashed. Reaching these goals will be almost impossible, but if they were ever achieved, the chances would be nil that a Charlatan politician taking hundreds of millions of dollars from overseas donors at fifty bucks a whack could ever again win the presidency.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago