The Affordable Care Act is based on the belief that our current system of health care is a mess and only the government can fix it efficiently. This...
Unleash competition in the quick care area. There's no reason some diagnoses and prescriptions need to cost an arm and a leg. The AMA tried to stick it to us, it's time to respond by cutting into the deathgrip they have on certain types of certifications. Legislation could allow Registered Nurses to form small independent companies that offer this in a safe, clean environment. Promote the publishing of rates by clinics. This will take a lot of the power away from Big Insurance and Big Pharma, two of the culprits behind ObamaCare. Then, by God, impose tort reform
With the future of the Affordable Care Act resting on the decision of the Supreme Court as early as next week, the future of American health care generally is up in the air. If the Act (or significant portions of it) is struck down, there will be a legislative rush to erect something new from its rubble. Unfortunately, hasty legislation is often bad legislation, so we need to consider alternatives now.
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 59 minutes ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago