The Affordable Care Act is based on the belief that our current system of health care is a mess and only the government can fix it efficiently. This...
Unleash competition in the quick care area. There's no reason some diagnoses and prescriptions need to cost an arm and a leg. The AMA tried to stick it to us, it's time to respond by cutting into the deathgrip they have on certain types of certifications. Legislation could allow Registered Nurses to form small independent companies that offer this in a safe, clean environment. Promote the publishing of rates by clinics. This will take a lot of the power away from Big Insurance and Big Pharma, two of the culprits behind ObamaCare. Then, by God, impose tort reform
With the future of the Affordable Care Act resting on the decision of the Supreme Court as early as next week, the future of American health care generally is up in the air. If the Act (or significant portions of it) is struck down, there will be a legislative rush to erect something new from its rubble. Unfortunately, hasty legislation is often bad legislation, so we need to consider alternatives now.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago