As the Fiscal Times' Liz Peek writes, "taxpayers should demand that Congress scrap this monstrosity and start over." Indeed, there's a significant push to do just that - Congressional Republicans have refused to make reauthorization of...
Nothing but corporate welfare mixed with individual welfare. A loe-lose for the taxpayers. Once again, we're being screwed royally.
One of the biggest atrocities committed by Congress is the easy passage of the Farm Bill. About once every five years, an omnibus bill passes with a massive price tag. The last one, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, cost $228 billion. The iteration making its way through Congress right now costs 60% more and is over 1000 pages long.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago