Moments before a conference call with reporters was scheduled to get underway on Tuesday morning, apparently unaware that many of the reporters were already on the line, Charles Schumer of New York, the No. 3...
I like New Yorkers of any party or creed. In the Senate they brought us Daniel Moynihan, Hillary Clinton and Bobby Kennedy. Then there were the politicians like Averell Harriman and all of the Rockefellers and Roosevelts. There has been a patrician sense of entitlement about their politicians that allowed them to speak their minds clearly and to tell us how they intended to screw us. I've also liked Chuck Schumer, who represents Wall Street's finest. I just wish that he would forget to find the mute button from now on and tell us what he really thinks.
Remember when Harry Reid was bellyaching about the Tea Party's "extreme" demands poisoning budget negotiations yesterday? We now know he was just reading from a script. Memo to Senator Schumer: When you're discussing sensitive intra-party strategy on a conference call with reporters, it would behoove you to acquaint yourself with the mute function. Oops:
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 13 hours ago