But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
Teddy killed a woman who was not his wife. He did not try to save Mary Jo's life. He ran away. When caught, he denied that he was the killer. He hid behind his family name and his mama's skirt to escape any responsibility for his crime. He continued to drink and to commit numerous adulteries. Vickie finally straightened him out, but as far as I am aware, he never apologized for cheering on abortions. He never even made a public mea culpa as to his general sins. In the long list of American blackguards, Teddy's name stands out. We all hope that he made peace with God, but there is no reason for HBO to suppress the truth in their relentless effort to deify the Kennedys.
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 5 hours ago