But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
Pretty sweeping condemnation there, goshdarn Liberal. Er, BBC and the Boy Scouts. Probably half of the school boards in America. Many, many Protestant churches and temples in America. Complicit, too, are our social service organizations who pay welfare, without investigation into sexual abuse, to many, many mothers aged 12 to 17. After Vatican II the church was filled with liberal clerics who bought into the cultural consensus of the Sixties that "if it feels good, do it." What makes the Catholic church a particular target for liberals' "total contempt" is that the hierarchy held on to the traditional values of the magisterium and survived yet another attempt to dismantle it, this time by lawsuits aimed at the church's wealth.
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago