A few comments if I may: 1. It would appear that the RNC is split between those that see God as a higher power and those that see the RNC as a higher power - placing winning elections over principle. 2. Those that place winning over principle will continue to "dance with the party what brung them". 3. Those that place principle over winning will eventually leave the RNC and form a third party....the environment is ripe for it. 4. Once that happens, the RNC can kiss any chance of winning in the future good-bye - we will be dominated by the DNC for the long term. 5. So if those that value winning over principle really want to win, they better move toward the social conservatives because the reverse will never happen.

Don't Blame Romney

ABN-RGR Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 9:08 AM
I don't blame Romney. I blame all the neo-pseudo-conservatives like yourself Ms. Coulter. You lost your way and took the RNC with you. You should be ashamed of yourself. As Ronald Reagan would say to you, "There you go again." It is time for the RNC establishment to stop the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result. Moderate RINOs can't win (Dole, McCain, and now Romney). Reagan was not a moderate RINO and didn't pretend to be. Wake up and get a clue Ms. Coulter.

Post Obama Win, Tea Party Not Backing Down

ABN-RGR Wrote: Nov 07, 2012 10:24 AM
OK, enough is enough. Since Reagan left office I have let the GOP establishment foist the likes of Dole, Bush, McCain, and now Romney on me. I am through. I tried to be a good GOP supporter despite misgivings about all of the above. The last national vote I feel good about was my votes for Reagan. I will no longer vote party - my party is ignorant at best and just a Democrat-lite party at worst. I should have heeded the words of the founders and voted principle instead, but I wanted to win more than I wanted to vote my conscience. No more. The GOP has lost me for good and I think there are a lot more like me out there. See ya.

The Stossel Solution

ABN-RGR Wrote: Jul 12, 2012 2:00 PM
"Wrong! It costs the taxpayers every time they have to pay a toll to drive over a road they have already paid for. It's taxation by other means." Really, how can you say that. If you drive on it, you pay a toll. No one is forcing you to drive on it. You are paying for a privilege, by paying a toll. Unlike our taxes, where I pay into a general fund that goes to fund things I don't know about, or people I don't want to assist or to pork projects in other states that don't benefit me even indirectly. If I want to fly, I pay for a ticket; if I want to shop, I buy only what I choose; if I want to eat, I buy the food I choose - and if I want to drive on a toll road, I will pay a toll. That is far preferable to being taxed to death!

Where Is The Outrage?

ABN-RGR Wrote: Jun 07, 2012 11:11 AM
There is a distinct difference between intelligence gathering and the use of airspace for travel or incidental photo's taken for purposes other than intelligence and surveillance. The Judge is correct in that this is a deliberate and methodical use of drones for the express purpose of intelligence gathering against US citizens, and that is contrary to our rights as outlined in the Constitution. This issue should be about sovereign property rights, not the so-called "plain view doctrine" used by LEOs. For far too long our property rights have continued to be stripped from us - and don't forget your ultimate property right is to your life.

The Upside of the Downside

ABN-RGR Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 6:06 PM
Hmmm....you are right. The 2008 bad economy gave us BHO (you know, kind of like Hitler) and the Democrat Socialist Progressives (brown shirts, Nazi's, etc.). Did the Great Recession of 2008 fix our country you ask; no, just like the Great Depression, it gave us BHO and his big govt/statist policies. You are also correct that it isn't that we were too wealthy, the problem is the apathy and ignorance of the average citizen that put BHO and his cronies in office so they can parasitically party (like the GSA) while Rome burns.
Yep, and since folks are leaving CA in droves because of sky high taxes and other lib ideas, the illegal's fleeing AZ can go there and suck from the teat of leberalism....at least until the money runs out. Will the last businessman leaving CA please turn the light out?

And They Wonder Why Voters Are Angry

ABN-RGR Wrote: Apr 06, 2012 11:31 AM
I voted for Reagan, yep, I am an old fart, and it was my first presidential election. I voted and I campaigned for him in my town. Romney ain't Reagan and never will be. Folks didn't have to warm to Reagan, but independents that first election year had to be convinced that a former actor could govern, so they focused on his record as governor. GOP voters had to be convinced he was a Goldwater conservative since he governed CA. No one had to warm to him, his personality was his secret weapon in the election - that and Jimmy C. was such an idiot. If you weren't active in getting Ronnie into office, then don't spout about what you think you know.
I was in college when RR was elected and served in the Army while he was President. He was the epitome of a real statesman and leader. Did he make mistakes? Sure, but he handled them with grace and dignity and learned from them. Don't listen to the lib trolls that weren't even born when he was POTUS.