President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The State of CONFUSION Address: The Emperor's New Clothes Go back to sleep, everyone. Your home has been invaded by armed robbers, the family china is gone, the safe has been emptied. And there is blood on the floor. But really. Everything's fine.
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals; Update: Two separate bills Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago