President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The State of CONFUSION Address: The Emperor's New Clothes Go back to sleep, everyone. Your home has been invaded by armed robbers, the family china is gone, the safe has been emptied. And there is blood on the floor. But really. Everything's fine.
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago