President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The State of CONFUSION Address: The Emperor's New Clothes Go back to sleep, everyone. Your home has been invaded by armed robbers, the family china is gone, the safe has been emptied. And there is blood on the floor. But really. Everything's fine.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 11 hours ago