President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The State of CONFUSION Speech The Emperor's New Clothes The events in Portland, Aurora, Sandy Hook, and now with Christopher Dorner are all clustered a little too close to the Gun Grab Laws up for review. Obama does not need your vote because this is not a democracy anymore. He just needs your cooperation. Lest we go the way of Canada, we should own guns...
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago