President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The State of CONFUSION Speech The Emperor's New Clothes The events in Portland, Aurora, Sandy Hook, and now with Christopher Dorner are all clustered a little too close to the Gun Grab Laws up for review. Obama does not need your vote because this is not a democracy anymore. He just needs your cooperation. Lest we go the way of Canada, we should own guns...
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago