After raping a girl only half his age, the principal rapist let the others have their turn. Then he raped her again. In between his two assaults upon her he slapped her around viciously and poured alcohol...
Just interview women with those issues. I have. I think abortion is wrong. I'd like to believe that if I were raped I would have the baby anyway. It's all theory, though. Interview the women who have actually gone through it. I have interviewed a good handful of people who were born as a product of rape and how their mothers treated them. Adoption is often an option but it is not easy, either. There is a reason that the official Republican platform inserts the words "except for rape or incest". The point is EMPATHY for those so affected, and caution in pointing a judgmental finger at those who suffer rape or incest and the choices they make.
I have a friend who suffered through a horrific gang rape nearly twenty years ago. There were three perpetrators but one in particular served as the ringleader and principal conspirator. He was in his early thirties when he planned the crime and convinced a twenty-one year old and a nineteen year old to join him. His victim was only sixteen years old.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago