Scalia’s dissent, at least on first quick perusal, reads like it was originally written as a majority opinion http://lsolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/2012/06/evidence-that-the-votes-shifted-after-conference-initial-vote-to-declare-mandate-unconstitutional.html (in particular, he consistently refers to Justice Ginsburg’s opinion as “The Dissent”). Back in May, there were rumors floating around relevant legal circles that a key vote was taking place, and that Roberts was feeling tremendous pressure from unidentified circles to vote to uphold the...
In response to:
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 21 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 23 hours ago