I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
My son has worked hard after going to college for four years, and he pays $20,000 + a year in taxes while the lowlifes live off his sweat. He is thinking about chucking it in and living off the system until it collapses. It just does not pay to get out of bed. The best thing a young person can do is nothing. Live at home until the parents are dead then live off what they had left until that is gone then, I don’t know what. There won’t be anything left in 20 years or so. I will be dead by then but my son and my grandchildren will see some hard times. There are more takers than there are makers now, and it is only going to get worse. We are doomed to be like Greece or one of the other entitlement countries.
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago