I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
My son has worked hard after going to college for four years, and he pays $20,000 + a year in taxes while the lowlifes live off his sweat. He is thinking about chucking it in and living off the system until it collapses. It just does not pay to get out of bed. The best thing a young person can do is nothing. Live at home until the parents are dead then live off what they had left until that is gone then, I don’t know what. There won’t be anything left in 20 years or so. I will be dead by then but my son and my grandchildren will see some hard times. There are more takers than there are makers now, and it is only going to get worse. We are doomed to be like Greece or one of the other entitlement countries.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago