When tragedy strikes, as in Newtown, Conn., prayer resides mostly in the shadows of those personally affected. The public ritual requires politicians to assure survivors of their thoughts and prayers -- what one cynical...
Joh 1:11 “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.” Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.” Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Why is it so hard for people to understand these simple verses? The Jews denied Christ. All the other false religions deny Christ. Since the resurrection of Christ, only those who have been obedient to His plan for salvation will enter Heaven. The Jews and those who follow Islam don’t have a separate way to Heaven. I didn’t exclude them, but the Lord did. He wasn’t being politically correct, was He? NKJ
NEW YORK CITY -- It hasn't been an easy time -- year, decade, early century -- for organized religion. Books by atheists proliferate, some meaner than others. Fewer men and women attend church or synagogue services. The season highlights Christmas and in recent years Hanukkah, but the cultural emphasis is more materialistic than meditative. Confidence in organized religion has declined to 44 percent, as measured by Gallup.
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 3 hours ago