It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
I am so sickened by these "oh those poor widdle-biddy-babies!" rationalizations that are now gumming up Townhall and other outlets. We should just trash our immigration laws because of some misplaced sympathy, is that your point? How about we get rid of all of our laws -- when someone goes to jail, they often devastate their families...baby-mamas can't feed their babies without that drug money, you know? Bank robbers are daddies and mommies too -- why punish the innocent widdle babies by putting their parents in jail? Yes, I think unchecked hyper-sympathy is the best way to run a government, don't you agree Mr. Chapman?
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago