There is no question that repeated blows to the head cause changes in the brain -- even when the head is protected by gear meant to soften the blows. The NFL has come under fire recently because of the link between football-incurred concussions and greatly increased risk of Alzheimer's and...
As an American, I am proud of Olympic Gold medalist Claressa Shields' feat in women's boxing at the Olympics --...." Why would you be "proud" Ms. Chavez? What part of watching two "women" ( and I use that term loosely) go at each other with fists? After reading the remainder of your column I can only surmise that you wrote that to put a politically correct patina on the rest of your piece. Why couldn't you have just come out and said it what you really mean: IT'S DISGUSTING!! Like women in combat it goes against a woman's innate tendency toward nurture, care and motherhood. I can only imagine seeing the feminist cheerleaders urging them on--"give her a left", "watch that right"- feminists indeed. They wouldn't be caught anywhere near it.
As an American, I am proud of Olympic Gold medalist Claressa Shields' feat in women's boxing at the Olympics -- but as a woman who has suffered traumatic brain injury, I am deeply concerned that her win will encourage other young women to pursue this dangerous, potentially life-altering sport.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago