It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
An American that happens to be black, I'm just exasperated and shaking my head at the black electorate that fell for the rhetoric of hope and change with no substance what so ever (an empty suit). The racist cop out is old and tired. The Democratic Party has more of a history with racism than the Republican Party does for instance jim crow, kkk, segreationist, not supporting civil rights........ I Don't think the writer is ignorant, but you know so much that just is'nt so.
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 38 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 15 hours ago